Friday, 24 May 2013

There Was Peace



 

Once I knew a place of good weather

Where all who dwelled together

 Lived in peace with one another.

The people never had to bother

About noise caused by the pull on a trigger

Nor had they the fear of slaughter.

And permit me a flatter

To say that it was all laughter.

I lived there as a father

Raised me a son and a daughter.

Had time to dine

And debate over wine

With those I called mine

It was all fine

Came the sword that caused a fatal tear

And left the horror of fear

And now on every eye a tear.

A place I can no longer bear.

Oh! I must stop here

For there I think they appear

'cos outside a sound I can hear

And yes it draws near

Oh Jos! Jos where is thy peace?
.....................................................................................................................................................................

*Jos is the capital city of Plateau State, Nigeria*
 

1 comment: